About Us

Carry-On Essentials to Make your Flight Easier




Whether I'm taking a 3-hour domestic flight or a 12-hour transalantic flight, my carry-on bag routine is almost always the same. I'll be leaving for an epic adventure in a couple of weeks, so I want to make sure my flight goes as smoothly as possible. 

Usually when I travel, I will have 1 small suitcase that will go in the overhead bins, and a backpack that will go underneath the seat.  I never touch my small suitcase during my flights, unless I absolutely need something. I keep all my carry-on essentials in my backpack where it is within reach.  

I just recently bought the Lo&Sons Hanover Backpack and I'm so excited to use it on my upcoming trip. It has a suitcase handle sleeve, so you don't have to carry it on your shoulders, a removable insert to keep your essentials organize, secrete pockets to hold your important documents, and it's water- resistant. 

 I also love Longchamp Le Pliage Nylon Large Tote Bag. It can be folded up and be used as an extra travel bag or use it as a carry-on.

Beauty

If I'm taking an overnight flight, I try to keep my night time beauty routine simple but effective. Airplanes have very low humidity, so keeping my skin hydrated is really important... And I don't want to look like zombie when a land. 
  • Toothbrush & Toothpaste 
  • Hand Cream: I know some people won't like this, but I love using Aquaphor Healing Ointment on my hands. Someone with dried cracked hands, I find it very effective. It's also very cheap.  
  • Dry Shampoo: Dry shampoo is a must for me. My hair gets pretty oily after a 12-hour flight and its a great way to give my hair some volume. I have tried a lot of different dry shampoo but my absolute favorite is the Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo in Divine Dark. I love that it doesn't leave a white cast on my hair. 
  • Deodorant: Schmidts's Natural Deoderant is my go-to. It doesn't have aluminum, propylene glycol, and artificial fragrance. My favorite is the Bergamot and Lime but currently using the Rose and vanilla scent. 
  • Hair Ties:  I have at least 2 hair tie with me because my hair gets pretty staticy on the plane and I tend to lose them. If I want to do a chic bun, I love the Goody Simple Spin Pins
  • Comb: Instead of bringing a brush that will take up more space, take a small comb. 

Comfort

If you're taking an overnight flight, then having these essentials are the key to getting a good night sleep on the plane. 
  • Travel Pillow: I've tried a couple of different neck pillows but my favorite so far is this cooling gel-infused neck pillow. It has a dense memory foam to support my head and neck and a cooling gel to keep me cool during my flights.  
  • Small Blanket or a Scarf: I prefer having a small blanket on longer flights and a scarf on shorter flights. It will keep you warm when the plane's air-conditioning is on full blast. 
  • Hoodies: I'm all about comfortable clothes on the plane. I prefer sweat pants and a hoodie. The hoodie keeps me warm and they have deep pockets where I like to store my phone.  Under Armour Rival Hoodie and Adidas Trefoil Hoodie are my go-to flight outfit. 
  • Eye Mask: Packing an eye mask is very useful if you're arriving at your destination early in the morning or you're flying during the day. 
  • Compression Socks: If you're flying for more than 4 hours compression socks are a must.  They significantly reduce the risk of deep vain thrombosis (blood clot usually in your legs). 

Entertainment 

Long-haul flights can be pretty boring. So bring plenty of things to entertain yourself. Make sure all your electronics are charged before you board your flight. It would be a nightmare if you're at 10% battery on your tablet and only 1-hour into your 12-hour flight. 
  • Music: If you're someone who hates flying, make yourself a calming travel playlist. 
  • Phone: Download some games to keep you entertain. I also have Netflix on my phone and downloaded a couple of shows and movies. In-flight entertainments aren't always reliable. You'll be happy to have a backup. 
  • Tablet/Laptop: Bringing your tablet or laptop is a great way get work done without any interruptions. 
  • Headphones: I prefer compact earbuds over the bulky noise-cancelling headphones. They look cool but I want to save as much space in the carry-on bag. 
  • Electronic Chargers & Portable Charger: After 5 hours of watching movies on my phone, I would probably need to charge my phone. Portable chargers are great to have in hand. 

Don't Forget!

Some are pretty self explanatory and some are just some tricks to make your flight a little more comfortable. 
  • Notebook & Pen: I always bring a notebook and pen with me, just incase I need to write down important information. A pen is also a good idea because if you're going out of the country, you will need to fill out a custom form before you land. 
  • Money & Credit Cards: Call your credit card company before you leave because they will cancel any purchases you want to make overseas-- thinking it is fraud. I also like to do my currency exchange at my bank because they don't charge any fees. 
  • Passport, Visa, & Identifications: Pretty self explanatory. 
  • Copies of Important Documents: I like to make two copies of my document (passport, credit/debit card/, visas, drivers license). I leave one at home for my parents and another copy I take with me. Just incase of lost or thief. 
  • Glasses, Glass Case, & Contacts 
  • Medications: Beside the obvious, you should take any medications that is prescribed to you. I also like taking sleeping aids, Emergen C, eye drops, and Advil. 
  • Sanitizing wipes: Airplanes are bedded with germs, Please wipe down you tray and seat. 
  • Mints/Gum: Morning breath is not cute. Gum will also prevent your ears from popping on the airplane.
  • Water Bottle: Save some money and bring an empty water bottle. You can fill it up once you get through security. 







Carry-On Essentials to Make your Flight Easier Carry-On Essentials to Make your Flight Easier Reviewed by travel flirts on September 03, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Home Ads

Powered by Blogger.